Saturday, October 10, 2020

Beautiful Autumn

We had some much needed rain this week, but now we are back to glorious fall weather. Not cool, but still pleasant early and late.

I've started playing with watercolors. Muddling, as usual, but still - it's fun!

I am still making the maple leaf and 25-patch blocks.

I am also making some pumpkin blocks, very simple machine applique.

They will go in between these 49-patch blocks. I originally made these thinking I would use them with the maple leaf blocks. Silly me. These blocks are 2 inch blocks, and the maple leaf has 2 1/2 inch elements. Sometimes my muddling works, and sometimes it just morphs into another project. But it's still fun and I still get to play with some very pretty fabric!
My Buddy was a very naughty boy. He chewed the surgery area, taking out all the stitches. This made another surgery necessary. He now wears a cone at all times that our eyes are not on him. The vet also gave him some medication to help with the pain, and that makes it easier for everyone. No word yet on the biopsy, and I am not pushing for information yet. We are changing the dressings every three days, and he is also on a pretty strong antibiotic. I feel so sorry for him. And he is such a good boy. Most of the time.



What's going on in your world? I do hope you're enjoying yourself and having some fun. It helps!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Fall is trying to arrive here. It is pleasant - and I haven't had to run the AC or heat for a few weeks. That is a big bonus.
I love your watercolors.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww poor Buddy. I hope he is doing better today. Your blocks all look wonderful -- can't wait to see the pumpkins with the pieced blocks!

Karen S said...

It is always lovely to see the projects you have on the go. The pumpkins look like they will be a lot of fun.
Great idea to play with the water colours, too. That is another delightful distraction.
Enjoy the milder weather.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I sure hope Buddy will be fine. I love your maple leaf quilt. Your watercolors are beautiful. You are such a talented person. I sure wish I could paint, but don't have that gift.