Saturday, October 31, 2020

Pumpkin Quilt


Here is my pumpkin quilt, finished and tempting one to crawl under it on the swing on our patio.


I do like it so much! Considering that I just pretty much made it up as I went along (muddling, you know) it turned out well! I believe this is the first autumnal quilt I've made deliberately. Of course, here in Houston, Autumn goes by before you've had a chance to notice it most years. We've had some cooler weather this week, but right now the sun is shining and it is quite warm and pleasant outside.

As you can see from these photos everything is still lush and green. And there may have been scones baked. And eaten. Maybe.

I ran across this picture of Lady, Mr. Muddling's baby girl. They are so funny. And she is absolutely sure he cannot get along without her!

Buddy is doing very well.. We have an appointment with the vet on Monday and we'll see what he thinks. The surgery/wound is almost totally closed now. We are still putting the cone on him at night. He hates it. BUT, we do not want any more "accidents"!

It is so peaceful and lovely here today. It is hard to imagine all the strife and turmoil going on in the world around us. I am so thankful for this little piece of heaven on earth the Lord has allowed us to enjoy.

I do hope it is peaceful and beautiful where you are and that you are having lots of fun!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

5 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Yes, it has been such a sad year! This time of year should be joyous. I just love your pumpkin quilt! Cute little Lady on your pretty quilt! I hope Buddy heals and recovers well.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your quilts are always so pretty......either with happy pumpkins or happy puppies on them! Hope your Buddy recovers andsoes well
We, like you, are grateful to be in our little corner of a peaceful world. It has been such a disturbing and hard year. Have a good week ahead!

PaintedThread said...

I really like the combination of the pumpkins with the checkerboards. Great quilt.

Karen S said...

Your perfect pumpkins are wonderful. That is a delightful quilt. Gorgeous colours and a great design.
Jump under and enjoy it.
Your garden is looking lovely, too. Enjoy the milder weather.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your pumpkin quilt is awesome! I really love the colors and the pattern. You are a very talented person. Your garden is lovely, too.