Sunday, April 4, 2021

Just Hanging Around

I finished this one last night. It is for a neighbor who needs a quilt to comfort him, even if he doesn't know it yet.

His prognosis is not the best, and I've tried to put lots of pieces into this quilt that might make him smile. 

It's long and narrow, and so is he. It will also be good to wrap around his shoulders, if he should like to do that.

The backing is this pretty blue batik and the binding is a solid black. I pray it is a blessing to him.

Meanwhile, out in the back yard things are beginning to grow and bloom. Some things have not decided if they are coming back or not. But for the most part it is looking good.

I hope you are having a wonderful Resurrection Day!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine


7 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

That is a lovely gift. I hope your neighbor enjoys his quilt.

Karen S said...

That is a lovely result with your quilt.It will be a wonderful gift, especially as it is long like the recipient. I think that is very special.
Well done to your garden for surviving all that nature throws at it.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

The quilt for your neighbor is beautiful. I hope he will be well. I love your pretty flowers.

Thimbleanna said...

Another beautiful quilt Elaine! You are the sweetest -- always looking out for others. I'm glad most of your plants survived your freeze. Everything is starting to bloom here too -- it's always such a fun time of the year!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I am sure that lovely quilt will be a blessing and bring him a big smile. It will comfort him and make him know he is thought of. How very sweet and thoughtful of you! Your flowers are so pretty! What are the pink and yellow ones? I love the shape of their blossoms!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What an incredible gift for your friend. I'm a quilt lover too, yours are stunningly beautiful.
Jo

Sheila said...

Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL, Elaine!