Friday, April 23, 2021

Quilt for Healing


I started this quilt for a man in need of complete healing. I'm sorry I cannot give you the name of the quilt pattern. I saw it somewhere online. I don't remember where. I cut most of the pieces for it with my Accuquilt Studio 2. 
I started out just fine,, but suddenly my quilt machine started "skipping a beat". Mr. Muddling and I both tried to figure out what was wrong without success. I put in a call to  Ammon Floyd (my hero more than once) and he diagnosed and has a part on the way!  One of the encoders is going out, but it worked perfectly well enough to finish this quilt! Thank God!

Here it is after quilting and getting the binding on last night.

And this morning in all its crinkly wonderfulness after a run through the washer and dryer.

I do love a quilt fresh out of the dryer, don't you!

I noticed the other day my pretty little clematis was being eaten, and lo and behold the culprit was still right there chewing. Not any more!
Kind of like life in general, isn't it? You're going along all fine and dandy and suddenly you discover that the devourer, that old serpent the devil is trying to destroy part of your life. It pays to be watchful and put a stop to it!

There are so many beautiful things around here, both inside and out that make my heart happy. Even the jasmine I thought had been killed in that freeze is blooming in the midst of dead foliage and putting out new foliage just as fast as it can! Mr. Muddling brought those pretty pink carnations for me this week, and my sweet neighbor gave me those wonderful stargazer lilies. Oh, the heavenly fragrance!

I'm sure you've noticed by now that life is full of both good and bad things. I choose to focus on the good, and I hope you do, too. We'll just trust God to protect us in the bad!

By the way, if you subscribe to my blog posts by email,  google is ending that service in July. You'll just have to check in for yourself from time to time!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

Edited to add:  I found where I got the picture from which I made the quilt. It is in Becky A. Wright's  Quilts of Love and Valor. I used different measurements, but the pattern is hers!

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing that lovely quilt in spite of your machine troubles!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh such pretty flowers! I think I'm going to check to see if any of the nurseries are open yet around here and get some begonias.

Lynn said...

Lovely quilt - that blue sashing really ties it all together and makes it pop. Great quilting too.

Heritage Hall said...

Elaine, your quilts are simply beautiful, but your kind heart even more so... Just love your blog.

Karen S said...

That is a lovely finish on your quilt. Perfect for a man. Lovely design and quilting.
I am pleased you were able to sort out the problem with your long arm. So good to have back up like that.