Sunday, October 24, 2021

Autumnal and Christmas Around the Corner

I was thinking of a design for a Christmas quilt, and I settled on using more of the 49-patches of 2 inch squares alternating with a Christmas tree. I like it. The trees are made with GO! triangle dies and zig-zagged onto white squares.



Now it's all snuggly crinkly and ready to decorate for Christmas. It is an unusual thing for me to be ahead of time! YAY!


Right now I have another little panel I quilted on the curtain rod in the hallway with the pumpkin quilt I made last year. Recognize the 49-patches?  Hey, it worked before, and it worked again!

Meanwhile out in the back yard there are still lots of pretty things to see, including belll peppers and banana peppers in the garden. Notice, I've moved my rooster to peer into the kitchen window. I know. I'm silly sometimes, but I do have a good time!

Speaking of a good time, my friend Sandy gave us an oatmeal cookie mix which of course we had to try.  It made some delicious cookies!

I hope there are lots and lots of things in your world that make you happy!  We  are all so blessed in so many ways, even when things are not exactly as we want them.

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you have a series going there with the pumpkin quilt and tree quilt. Now you will have to think up what to do for spring and summer.
I love seeing all of your blooming things. I still have zinnias but everything is slowly getting ready for winter.

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful Christmas tree quilt. The combination of the trees with the 49 patches works really well. Like you said - it worked for the pumpkins!
Your garden looks like it is having a lovely time.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I just love oatmeal cookies. Those look delicious. I love your beautiful Christmas quilt and other quilts. Your work is so beautiful.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Elaine, how lovely that Christmas quilt will be hanging for decoration. I love the 49 patch design... You still have such lovely flowers! The cookies look wonderful. Wishing you pleasant November days!

Val said...

Wow. This is beautiful. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am trying, once again to get back in to it.