Saturday, October 9, 2021

Bitcoin


Here are some process shots of Bonnie Hunter's pattern, Bitcoin. When I saw it, I HAD to make it!  I'm really thankful for my Accuquilt Studio cutter. It made it oh, so much easier. I did not make my version as big as her pattern. It is more a lap size, but that is what I wanted.

And as you can see, it looks right at home on the swing on our screened patio. I foresee some serious lounging out there!

Of course I have started a couple of new projects. Our darling Mary took the clamshell quilt I made earlier with her when she was here at the beginning of the year. I like it so much I had to start another. I'm also playing with 2 inch squares, sewing them into 49-patches. Now I just need to figure out the alternate block to go in between them.

So many beautiful things outside in the back. We are enjoying all the blessings!

This morning Mr. Muddling was working out in the back assembling a new swing for the back yard. He said that he noticed a spider web stretched across one of our pathways and had been avoiding it. When I went outside the spider had decided it was time to pack it in and rest a while. If you look very closely at the end of that big green leaf, you'll see a little critter with a lightweight web blanket covering it. 

I thought how very sweet that the Lord had enabled that spider to create its own little safe resting spot. And then I realized He has also enabled each one of us to do the very same thing. Even in the midst of turmoil and uncertainty we can still bow our head and ask HIM for help. He always hears and answers our prayers. And we can rest in His love!

Hope you are doing just that!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Bitcoin really is the right name for that quilt. What a great way to use loads of colors and fabrics. Great finish!
And good luck with your clam shells, too.
I like the idea of all these swings at your place.

WonkyGirl said...

I still don't understand what Bitcoin is... but I do love your quilt.

Susie Swanson said...

Love that quilt so much. Sounds like you are having a nice Fall. Big Hugs and Blessings and lots of love.