Thursday, September 22, 2022

Jellystone - The Quilt

This is Jellystone, a pattern from Carrie Nelson, a.k.a. Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. 
I have to thank Jo Kramer, of Jo's Country Junction, for I first read about the book from which this pattern is taken - Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts - on her blog here.  The cover photo on the book is the one I wanted to make, but when I got the book, I changed my mind!

 
 I DO like the cover photo quilt, and I might actually make it one of these days, but when I saw Jellystone, I quit looking! These are some progress shots.
 

And here are more pics of the finished quilt. I do love it so much!

A little look at what's going on outside here at Muddle Manor, on a background of a lovely sunset cloudscape. The little toad was a night time visitor in the chicken yard.

 
To be perfectly honest, I don't remember when I bought the fat quarter pack containing this stunning panel from the wonderful Thimbleanna, but now that we are making quilts again for the USO, I opened it up, washed all the fabrics, ironed them and started cutting. I just took the finished quilt off the frame. I will show you the finish next time! Deb Strain is the designer of this Moda line and it is perfectly lovely.
 
It is still very hot here, but we are promised a respite next week, only high eighties! LOL - I'll take it! 
 
I've been watching Queen Elizabeth's funeral service. It has been very moving and beautiful. What a legacy she leaves behind!

I hope your week is going well and that you are finding things you love and enjoying them. God has given us a wonderful world in which to live!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

 
 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that quilt too! You have an amazing variety of fabrics in it.

I hope you get a real cool down. We were in the 40s overnight and it is up to 55 right now. It is 65 in my house right now. I don't want to turn on the heat yet but next week daytime highs are expected in the high 50s-low 60s so I'll have to turn it on then.

Thimbleanna said...

Well, as you know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Jellystone -- you hit a great combo with your scraps! Can't wait to see your new USO quilt -- now I'm wondering if I have that panel too LOL!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love, love your Jellystone, too. What awesome fabric and gorgeous pattern. Hope the temp. cools down and you don't get any of the storm moving into Fla.