Thursday, September 29, 2022

Two New USO Quilts!

This is the panel I showed last week, which has now turned into a quilt. It is such a pretty line of fabric, it would be hard to go wrong.

As you can see, it is happy all over the back yard!

I really love it so much. I hope our service members passing through the USO Lounge at IAH will be blessed by it.

My friend Sandy made this one. I think they will like this!

She did such a good job on it!

And would you just look at this - she embroidered each of the service names into the quilt. 
(Don't ask what I did to the color here. I have no idea. The background is a pretty brown. The first two pictures give you a better idea.) 
 
This is what's on my design wall, not assembled yet. I had some sashings left over from Jellystone, so I thought I would make a coin quilt with them. The solid strips framing them are a navy blue. I wasn't altogether happy with how this was looking, so I've made some changes. I'm not sure when I'll get it finished, but it is always good to have another project (or two or three, but who's counting!) in the works.
 
I hope you are doing something that gives you joy! 
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 


 

4 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh my goodness...........how lovely is the America Beautiful quilt! The border around it is also just lovely! Your friend, Sandy's quilt is lovely too! Love the colors and the embroidered service names!
Wishing you lovely Autumn days!

Karen S said...

These are wonderful.
I do like the way you have used the panel. It looks so good.
You are on a roll again now that everything has opened again.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love the USO quilt. Both of the quilts are marvelous.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love these new USO quilts. What beautiful colors and designs.