Thursday, February 23, 2023

King Size Batik Quilt

I finally finished this king size batik for a friend of ours. And she liked it. Which is a very good thing!  I had finished the quilt top quite a while ago, I just couldn't seem to get myself to do the quilting. But I finally did, and I am so glad!
 
I really like how all the colors and patterns played together. It is a free pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting called Juxtaposition. Super easy to make and a good way to use up some of those batiks I've been hoarding for so long!

Meanwhile, here at Muddle Manor some of the things that are making me really happy (Left to right, top, and then left to right, bottom):
Spirea (or bridal veil) in bloom, a little owl our daughter Mary made for me many years ago sitting on a little twig chair, resin bird on nest, our redbud tree in glorious bloom, the cutest little fawn on my bookcase, the first dogwood bloom of the year and last but not least, Dinah on the back of the porch swing on our patio. She had been afraid of that swing forever, but obviously she has overcome that! Good girl! 

This is what I'm working on now. I've a long way to go to make it as big as I want. I think I'll need sixty blocks. I have thirty-six so far. It IS fun to see quilts grow and evolve.
 
Houston has decided that it's time for Spring, or maybe Summer, so that's what we're having this week. Next week, who knows! We've been working outside, and there is a lot to get done out there. 
 
I hope it is wonderful where you are and that you are having lots of fun. I believe in having fun!
 
Praying for you all!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 


 


6 comments:

Gene Black said...

We had summer yesterday also. It got to 80 or possibly above.
The batik quilt is lovely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I LOVE that batik quilt. King size is a stretch to fit on my longarm frame. I like your new quilt in progress too. Ah, a Redbud in bloom...I'll have to wait 2 months or more for mine to bloom. Enjoy your nice weather.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your batik quilt is quite stunning. Congrats on "bellying up the bar" to get it done! I suffer from that same hesitation between quilt top and getting the quilt on and off the rails of my longarm. It always feels SEW good when the project is complete!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love the King sized Batik quilt. How beautiful. The colors and pattern are gorgeous, but I can imagine it took a lot of work to quilt it.

Karen S said...

I am late catching up but I do like those batiks. Great colours and design. That is a big quilt.
I am so pleased your friend liked it.
It is interesting the way cats will work out what they want to do in their own time. No rushing them Maybe we could learn from that!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I am sure your friend feels so blessed to get that lovely quilt! Love, love, the one you are currently making. How pretty the blooming bridal veil is. Dinah gives me hope......Taboo kitty does not like the new cushions on our backyard swing and will not calm down enough for me to sit and enjoy it! Have wonderful spring days ahead!