Saturday, February 11, 2023

Ah, February

February is not my favorite month. The excitement of Christmas and New Year's have passed and it is still cold. It has been very rainy here, which we needed, so I'm trying not to complain. (But it is a muddy mess!)
Anyway, I try to create things inside to look at that make me happy. Sometimes the smallest things can make a huge difference in my attitude.  

The paperwhites and the new growth on the dogwood are very encouraging outside. Even artificial flowers are a mood enhancer. Most of the plants we rescued from the cold are still imprisoned on the patio. And yes, there is still a lighted Christmas wreath in my sewing room. Small handwork keeps me busy inside, and there have been lots of seeds started in pots outside. The little rabbit with his heart shaped balloons just makes me smile!
 

This is what I'm working on the sewing room now. I started with nine patches of mostly reproduction fabrics. I made a lot of them and put them up on the design wall. Blah. So, I added some triangles to make square in a square blocks. Better, but still not there. So, I added more triangles. I don't know if this will be IT or not, but we'll all find out sooner or later!

And THIS is what happens when my renegade chickens break into Ruthie's Garden - CARNAGE! Sheesh! Those were carnations.
 
Oh, well. I've tried to save what I can and there will doubtless be more flowering plants to replace them. Gardening is a never ending adventure. I remain optimistic!
 
I hope you remain optimistic, too. There are always tough times, but there are always good times, too. We just have to hold on until they get here!  And trust the good Lord who has never failed us!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

It seems we have had a lot of rain also. Even as I am writing this, the rain is falling again. As my mother has said more than once, "One day it will be summer again." I am trying to remain optimistic.

Karen S said...

There are definitely times of the year that are more pleasant than others. But we know we have to have them - especially for the rain.
Keep busy in your sewing room with all your creative designs!!!