Friday, June 30, 2023

Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue

Another quilt for the USO Lounge at our local airport is ready! Half square triangles are such fun to use.

I backed it with this blue print and bound it with the same blue in the quilt.

I tried to be so careful getting all the bits lined up correctly, but somehow between the design wall and the sewing machine.......some of them ended up in the wrong spot! Rip it out and do it again. You know the drill. But it is done now, and that makes me happy!

Lots of pretty things out in the back yard. We have more zinnias this year than we've ever had. Of course they LIKE the hot, dry weather. The rest of us - not so much. 
Last year, I just tossed the spent zinnias back into the garden and behind it and in other spots, too. It worked really well this time! 
I noticed a vine running rampant in the garden that I did not plant. I decided to leave it alone and see what happened. Yesterday I noticed the cutest tiny watermelon growing! No idea if it will actually grow up to be a big watermelon, but it will be interesting to watch anyway!

Isn't it funny how things sometimes work and other times do not work at all. Sort of like me! LOL! But we do have fun, and enjoy life's good surprises. God is still good all the time and for that I am extremely grateful.

I hope you have a good weekend and find things that surprise you in good way!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congrats on finishing the quilt.
Your flowers are just lovely.

Karen S said...

Another great finish. You always come up with great ideas.
What fun to find a watermelon growing. We have only had luck with them once, and it was very tiny.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! I love your beautiful quilt. The red, white, and blue colors are awesome! I also love your flowers.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

That is wonderful to have a surprise watermelon! Your flowers are so lovely! And as always......you amaze me with your lovely quilts!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I really love your beautiful quilt with the red, white, and blue. I hope you are staying cool in your part of the country. It's been a real hot summer. Looking forward to fall.