Saturday, August 5, 2023

Another Red White and Blue

I finished this one the end of July, just haven't found the energy to post about it before now.

I've made this design several times  before. Mary Johnson is so generous to share her patterns and directions, including those that use the Accuquilt fabric cutter dies. This one is very easy and makes a striking, I think, patriotic quilt. It will be going to the USO Lounge at our local airport.

I would call it controlled chaos out there, but obviously it is not very well controlled! I'm just thrilled we've been able to keep alive as much as we have. It has been very hot and dry here, but that is nothing new. Still not fun, but thank God for air conditioning!

We have three of these little bird baths at strategic locations in the back yard. The birds need all the help they can get. 
 
I hope your weather is not unbearable and that all is well in your corner of the world!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is sure to make someone smile.
I'm surprised with your heat that you have anything blooming outside. The things in the shade have more of a chance of surviving.

Gene Black said...

Your patriotic quilt is indeed lovely.

We are experiencing a very hot summer here also. It seems there hasn't been a "cooler day" since June. Yes, Thank God for air conditioning.

Karen S said...

Your R, W and B quilt is quite stunning. Love that design, too.
I think it will be greatly appreciated.
Lovely to see your garden surviving.
We have bird baths too and find they gets lots of use in both Winter and Summer.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love this beautiful quilt. The red, white, and blue colors are awesome. Hope you will have a great weekend.