Monday, August 14, 2023

Five for the USO

 
This is the first of three that my friend Sandy made for the USO. Isn't it pretty!

Here is the second. I love how she set this one and the smaller tumblers really shine here.

This is her third one. You just can't go wrong with a patriotic color combo for these service members.  We really appreciate all they do and sacrifice to serve our great country. 

This one I made I already showed.

This is the other one I made, also already shown. 
These five new quilts should make the volunteers at the USO Lounge at our local airport happy. Sandy and her sweet husband will be delivering these.

I've been working on this Christmas panel. I'll show the completed project soon.
 
I've had a little personal drama. I thought I had a tooth needing a root canal and had that scheduled. But the Saturday before it was to happen I awoke to a rash on the left side of my face and in my left eye. I went to Urgent Care right away and discovered I have a case of shingles. Mr. Muddling and I both had the immunization several years ago. Nevertheless. 
Things we had scheduled have been cancelled and I'm thankful for plenty to keep me busy inside. 
It's too hot to be outside for any length of time anyway!
 
I hope you are having a wonderful beginning to your week and more happy days to follow. God is still on the throne and all is well!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

First, all of the Veteran Quilts look fantastic.

I am sorry to hear that you got shingles. If you got the single dose shot years ago, perhaps you should check with your doctor and see if he/she recommends that you get the 2 dose shot after this "attack" is over.

Karen S said...

What a wonderful collection to be able to take in. i am sure they will be much appreciated.
Sorry to hear about the shingles. I hope it stays mild.
I just had my shingles vaccine yesterday, and had a tooth extraction last week.
Something about reaching a certain age?
Take care.