Saturday, February 3, 2024

February Rain

Some of our girls in the back yard. As you can see, we have a muddy mess. The rains have moved off for now and we are supposed to have a very breezy day tomorrow, so we should be dried out soon!  
I am not even thinking about complaining. We had such a hot dry Summer, a surplus of rain now will be all right!

I finished this edition of Jellystone, which is the second one I've made. I thought I would keep this one for myself, but no, it is going to someone who needs it more. You know how it is. I do like it. And the variety of pretty fabrics in it.

Here are some progress shots of it. It is truly a lot of fun to make. I used a mottled tan color flannel for the backing and solid black for the binding.

In other news at Muddle Manor (You have no idea how very much I muddle, but I seem to still get a fair amount done, so I guess it's all right.) I gave myself a good metal loom for those pot holders in the upper left. I think they are the best always, and I have had too much trouble trying to use those plastic looms. This one was perfect and the loops were actually the right size and worked perfectly. I had a lot of fun making myself a good supply and a few gifts, too. I got it on Amazon
My Buddy has been having some health issues. Not happy about that.
Lots of fabric cutting going on.
I think there may have actually been a total of four blooms on my Christmas cacti this year. So disappointing, but our Summer was brutal. We lost some pretties.
Doing a little decorating for Valentine's Day, because I have the best Valentine in Mr. Muddling. I am so thankful for him.
 
I hope all is well in your world. God is so good to us all, whether we realize it or not.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine


 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you will have to make a third one and see if you can keep it.

Some years are like that on the Christmas cacti. I have had years of loaded blooms and years of 5 or less blooms on each plant. They seem to have a mind of their own. I'm getting ready for round 2 of blooms. Two of the champagne color have buds setting on them now.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on your Jellystone quilt. Hope you do get one for yourself at some time. And I do hope Buddy is okay.