Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Quilts 2023

I do like to record the quilts I make each year. As you can see, it was not a particularly prolific year for quilt making at Casa Muddling! But. I am happy with the ones that I completed. The first five I made for the USO Lounge at the local airport. The next four were for friends and family, and the last three are minis - a Christmas panel and two from Sheryl Johnson of Temecula Quilt Company, and those three stay here!

Another thing staying here is this cute little pincushion I made for my handwork basket. I had been struggling with one that pins and needles did NOT want to go into. Why I put up with it so long I do not know, but finally I put together some bits and pieces left from other projects, stuffed it and we have have lived happily ever after! 

We had LOTS of rain here last night, but that's all right, we needed it. Today is a pretty day, but chilly. Mr. Muddling and I did a little shopping and errands earlier today and now we are peacefully at home, the best place in the world for us!
 
I was saddened to learn that one of my blog friends, Susie Swanson of Country Side Poet passed away two years ago. I had once again sent her a Christmas card and her husband sent me the sweetest note letting me know that she had left us.
Susie had struggled with serious health issues for several years before she left, but she always posted such positive and hopeful posts, and some really good poetry. Her memories of her childhood and simple life were so touching to me. I am glad I took the opportunity to purchase a book of her poetry from her.

I hope you are in the best place for you!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That looks like a pretty good year to me. You make big quilts for the USO lounge and I'm sure they appreciate that. The 2 little quilts are so cute, especially the log cabin.
More rain, more flowers for you if you don't get a freeze this winter.

Karen S said...

It is lovely to see all the projects you have worked on over the year.
Lots of variety in design and colour.
I agree, it is good to have the rain. We are in Summer now and appreciate very drop we get.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You've produced amazing quilts during the year. You are very talented and I'm sure your quilts are a blessing to many people.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!