Friday, April 5, 2024

Springtime Happenings

I chanced upon these cute little pouches and just had to make a few. And then I began to think of all the people I'd like to give one to, and the number grew.
It is a free pattern called Bit of Kindness Pouch at SewCanShe. I was amazed at all the sweet makes she has available for free.
I had bought this fabric a while back because I saw it in a quilting magazine and just had to have it. I made two baby quilts from it and had about a yard and bits and pieces left, waiting patiently for a project to come along. I ordered the fasteners and key rings recommended at amazon and assorted wool blend felt. The so sweet chocolate you can see in the first photo on the top left was Russel Stover Easter bunnies. I'm pretty sure they are no longer to be found. I spent three very intensive nights making these (and an enormous mess!) and I don't regret a minute of it!

Meanwhile, outside here at Muddle Manor, Springtime is really making me happy with all the pretty flowers! I was concerned how many of the amaryllis would bloom. The cold we had was much more intense than anticipated and a goodly number of those plants looked absolutely melted. But, as you can see, they made a complete recovery. Thank God! The roses and the dogwood are really pretty, too.
On the bottom row, left, is a little vignette telling you how I feel about Texas. And in the center is some delicious bacon, scrambled eggs and cranberry orange scones. Yummy! On the bottom right is the greeting of my very good boy Buddy when we returned after being gone far too long (in his opinion) running errands! I do love that big ole dog!

I will freely admit that I have a somewhat weird sense of humor, and this calendar page really made me laugh!

I have been rearranging (again) some of the storage in the sewing room and ran across some triangles left over from this quilt I made for our niece in 2017. As you can see, I had to play with them. I love leftovers!

I hope there are lots of really good and fun things going on in your part of the world. And if there are not, just create some! Life is still good and God is still good. All the time.

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Your flowers are lovely.
I don't have a decent place to buy wool felt here and I am trying NOT to buy extra supplies. (nevermind the quilt batting that just arrived.)

Karen S said...

Your Easter pouches are lovely. Gorgeous gifts.
And the garden is looking great. Beautiful colours.
And, yes, the cartoon is a good laugh!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Those little pouches and the fabric you chose are so sweet! How lovely your flowers are! Were you able to enjoy the eclipse? We were fortunate to have a beautiful day and enjoyed the eclipse time.
Wishing you pretty spring days!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your beautiful little pouches and the colorful triangles. The quilt is very pretty.