Thursday, August 8, 2024

Hearts and Flowers


 
I finished this one last night and here it is for its "glamor shot". I love it so much. It is so interesting to me that two totally different styles of fabric - the boldly colorful large prints from Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs and the more muted colors from many different designers of the Civil War type reproduction fabrics are playing together so happily in this quilt!
I backed it with a Grunge flannel, and surprisingly enough the quilt is not heavy at all.
Mr. Muddling (of course) has done a quality check on this quilt and so it is going to live here and make us happy!
 
This one started off as a Betsy Chutchian design, "Boardwalk", from the book Snuggle Up by Moda All Stars. I used her blocks, but changed up the layout, and it has changed more since these pictures. It is now ready to quilt and hopefully I'll get to it soon - since I have MORE that need to be made. 
 
And finally, just to encourage me, this little gardenia bloom appeared last week. It made my day! So much of our beautiful back yard was completely demolished by that huge tree that fell across our fence. But, there were things that needed to be changed, so this is a good opportunity to do that!
 
We are still far from done with clean up and renovation from Hurricane Beryl, but one bite at a time, as they say of how to eat an elephant, we are getting it done.
 
Today the county clean up truck cleared most of the stacked up tree debris from our front yard. We were so glad to see it go!
 
I hope all is well in your world. You know, we all have trials and struggles, but with the Lord's help, we will get through them!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine




 
 
 

 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you are keeping that beauty!
How wonderful to have that Gardenia bloom. That is good news that the tree debris is gone.

Julie said...

Hello Elaine ... you are right, those two fabrics do marry perfectly together - I love it!!! And I am pleased you are keeping the quilt . I think sometimes those little flowers pop up just to remind us not to give up hope - your gardenia that is. I see the very first pink flower on my Magnolia tree this morning - bought me so much delight & reminded me that spring is not far away now. Have a lovely day Elaine xx

Gene Black said...

The quilt is lovely. I would probably want to keep it also. (But I want to keep most of my quilts. Ha ha)
Many of my quilts have started as one design and changed as I work on it. I just think that is part of the creative process.

Jeanna said...

Your quilt is stunning, Elaine. I'm so sorry you had damage from the hurricane but glad you are safe. I used to have many gardenias at my Florida house. Their smell is divine.