Thursday, September 5, 2024

Quilts for the USO

 
My friend Sandy made this one for the USO. She and her husband have moved from our neighborhood now, and I miss her terribly.
 
All of the ones below were made by me. 
It is such a joy to me to make these quilts for the service men and women to enjoy when they visit the USO Lounge at IAH here in Houston. 
They give up so much to serve our country, and let's face it - they don't get much respect for it.
This is not a huge thing, but it is something I can do to give them a little spot of comfort.
 
My friend Deb sent me a huge amount of Patriotic fabric to help with the materials. I so appreciate her and the many wonderful people I've "met" in my years of blogging. 
 
 

Mr. Muddling and I delivered all these quilts to our good friend, Robin, who is the volunteer coordinator at the USO Center there at the airport. She is such a sweet lady and so diligent to help the service men and women there. 


Robin takes every quilt home with her to wash and dry after one person has used it. 

She likes the quilts we've made for them because they hold up so well after many washings.

Personally, I consider it an honor to give back in such a small way to the people who have given so much.
May God bless them and protect them. 
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 
 
 

 

5 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

These quilts are so beautiful, Elaine. I whole heartedly agree with you. Our service men and women are heroes who deserve our support. These quilts will bring warmth and comfort. Have a blessed day.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a pretty bunch of quilts you delivered. I hope they brighten the lives of many.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Beautiful quilts! A big hug to you for your thoughtfulness!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your quilts are always so lovely. A big hug to you for your thoughtfulness and care!

Karen S said...

That is a lovely display of quilts. It is so good to know that they are appreciated. And looked after so well.
Of course I am very pleased to see the red one!!!
That turned out so well.