Monday, May 19, 2008

I Love George (Foreman Grills, That Is); Mystery Bird




Well, I do. I don't really know if George Foreman is the one who came up with idea that now has his name on it, but whoever did - Thank You! It's a wonderfully quick way to cook foods in a healthy way.





As you can see by looking at my poor baby, it's seen some hard service!



But it still does a great job of cooking good things to eat!



We had some chicken, summer squash and onion grilled on the George today. It was great! The high today was supposed to be 92 degrees F, but right now at 4:45 p.m., it's sitting at 93 degrees. That's hot! And it really doesn't make you want to cook anything even slightly heavy. Light is definitely the way to go :).


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There was a little visitor at our front door when I got back from the grocery store this morning.


He's in the back yard now. I turned the sprinkler on and he seemed to enjoy the shower. Can't blame him. I don't know what will become of him tonight though. Cats roam the neighborhood, and fences don't keep them out. I'm not at all sure what he eats either. He's drinking the water, but not interested in bird seed or pieces of bread.

I have no clue what kind of bird this is, though I have wasted a couple of hours trying to find out :(.



This little video shows him in the back yard enjoying a puddle. I went out and checked on him around seven, and he had gotten himself up in one of the lower branches of the fig tree, put his head under his wing and gone to sleep. I hope he'll be okay.

I'm going to try to work on my quilt tonight. Hope you have a good evening, too!

~Elaine~

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Your veggies look delish! My MIL has a Forman grill and she loves it too.

That bird is really cool, almost looks like a Kookaburra. Your not in Australia are you?

Thimbleanna said...

Just catching up on you Elaine. I hope your little bird is ok -- I'm almost afraid to ask!