Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Thankful Heart

As I walk around our not-so-big yard, I am overcome with a spirit of thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all the blessing I see around me, and for those I don't see, as well.





I'm thankful for the beautiful flowers standing out boldly,














and for those tucked in unexpected places.







I'm thankful for the vegetables growing in our little garden.







I'm thankful for the berries ripening on the vines,




for the figs growing and filling out on both trees.




I'm thankful for the chickens that give us the best soil in the world and the most delicious eggs.




I'm thankful for our family. We've had ups and downs, but we all still love and respect each other.


I'm thankful for my dog Bruno, a faithful friend.







I'm especially thankful for my husband, who has always let me be me. He's never tried to change me or to fit me into someone else's mold. He's my one-and-only-TrueLove, even after twenty-seven years of marriage.



It's always good to take time to be thankful for our blessings, and to remember WHO gives them to us. Thank you, Lord!


~Elaine~

1 comment:

Tori Leslie said...

What a sweet post. You have much to be thankful for.

Oh btw, with those figs you must live in the south somewhere. We were just on the coast of the Adriatic here in Croatia and there were figs everywhere. Yummy!!

I really enjoy your blog, thanks!