Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Quilt! Update on Mystery Bird

I have finished another quilt. I put the finishing touches on it very early this morning, and then I went to bed :) . This one is for my Honey. He loves cowboys, so this has horses, bandana fabric and western-themed squares. It's far from perfect, but it's made with a lot of love. Love you, Mr. Perfect!!




I just had to include this little video of the gardenias in our back yard. They are so beautiful and there was a little breeze to blow them around. You may even be able to hear a little bit of bird song. Too bad there's no "smell vision" on here, because the aroma is heavenly!

Update on mystery bird. I still don't know what it is. This is a picture I took last year of one of the grown-ups. There are several of them that have moved into our suburban neighborhood. They are BIG, about 2 to 3 feet tall! Our neighbors across the street have been keeping their eyes on a nest these birds built in a pine tree. Maybe our little guy came from there. He was still all right the day before yesterday. I saw him that next morning alive and well, and strolling around the back yard. I haven't seen him since then, but there are places he can hide, and I'm hoping he's in one of those. I have water out for him.

Have a great day!

~Elaine~

No comments: