Friday, May 29, 2009

New Helper in the Sewing Room





I have been having a terrible time with my latest quilt. You know - seams not lining up right, bumps and bungles, just a general not-happy experience. So I decided to take a little break last night.

I don't know. Maybe I've entered my second childhood. A sock monkey is something I've wanted for a long time. (Actually what I wanted was a knit one from the fabulous MonkeeMaker, but she grew weary of making them before I could ever score one. Bummer!)
So I made one for myself. Yep - myself.
See, he's already volunteered to help with the sewing.
Might be a pretty handy guy to have around.

There is a little look around the eyes I'm wary of........







But I'm sure he'll be helpful.
Oh, go ahead and add a little silliness to your day. You'll feel better for it!!
Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Millie said...

Elaine what a happy post! We all have these off days where nothing want to line up or pieces are too short...the next time I have a day like this I will think of your Sock Monkey. I need a Monkey in my sewing room too to make me laugh!

Susan said...

He is all cuteness! And I see a little mischief in those eyes but what a sweet addition to your room.
Watch out Bruno!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love sock monkeys! You did a great job.....what is her name?? Blessings,Kathleen

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Elaine! I love monkeys. I've been wanting to make Melly and Me's Magoo -- not a sock monkey, but a monkey!

Nanette Merrill said...

How cute. Sometimes we need a little change to give us perspective.