Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nest



I finally finished this little quilt and I like it a lot.


It's made from charm packs of the Nest fabric by Moda. All those bright, colorful patterns are just a pure pleasure to see all put together.





The back is pretty colorful, too, isn't it! And do you see that corn back there behind it? I thought for sure we'd be eating some of that corn this weekend, but it's not ready yet. But, soon......




The gardenias have started to bloom in the yard. Their fragrance is one of my very favorites. A very sweet neighbor has been kind enough to give me a number of cuttings over the years and some of them have grown into bushes which are now giving us beautiful, fragrant flowers. Those kindnesses of hers were truly gifts that are still giving.





I had a sweet surprise on Friday. the UPS man brought me a box of flowers from our sweet son and daughter-in-love.

Aren't they gorgeous!
Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow, full of all things wonderful for you.


And remember:




Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Margaret said...

G,Day Elaine, That quilt is so nice , it would brighten up any situation, Spotted the table runner ,that's pretty good too.

Millie said...

Elaine congratulations on a gorgeous finished quilt. I love how you took pictures of the quilt in your garden. Pretty flowers on another cute tablerunner.

Kerri said...

Such a beautiful quilt, Elaine!! I love the Nest fabrics you used!!

Thimbleanna said...

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day Elaine! I love all the pretty colors in your quilt!

Anonymous said...

wow that looks awesome mom:D:D:D