Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Quilt Ready to Go!

Another finish! Yay! I love how this little quilt turned out.

And these cats on the back just make me smile.

Its's in the wash now, getting crinkly and soft. Then I have a label ready to sew on and we're done.
I had a very nice surprise the other day. A knock at my door revealed these beautiful flowers.



Our sweet younger daughter had sent them, just to say she loves me. I love her, too, and miss her every day. I don't like her being so far away, but we each have to find our own pathway in life, and she's finding hers.

Our little cool spell seems to be over. Summer is here, so I have to get out early and late and stay inside in the middle. It is entirely too hot out there in the middle of the day!

Our first fig is just about ready to eat. Yummy! There won't be very many this year thanks to Hurricane Ike and all the pruning he necessitated. But I'll sure be thankful for what there are!


Enjoy this beautiful world we've been given!
Hugs and kisses,

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Love those colors Elaine -- it's very pretty!