Friday, March 26, 2010

Lisa's Quilt

I have the best daughter-in-law in the world. (I know you think you do, but sorry, it's I who have her!) She has loved our son through all the good times and bad, and I'm thankful for her. Lisa and her sister and others in her family quilt. So, I was hesitant to offer to make a quilt for her.

But I did. I finished it last night. Lisa likes bright colors, so I tried to incorporate some of those for her.

I like it!Ariel is not terribly impressed though. Other things more important to her.
These little bears on the back are so sweet! They're doing all sorts of things in the kitchen and they look like they're having a great time.
Meanwhile, since I was out in the back yard taking pictures, I had to show you a few of the things going on out there. Isn't this rose gorgeous! Those colors are just almost iridescent.
And look. Our little plum trees that had the pretty flowers such a short time ago now have tiny little plums!!!! I am so excited about that. As I've told you, we had those same type plums in our back yard as children. How we loved them!
And here is the fierce, wild beast Chloe. She thinks she's a wild thing anyway. :)



And yes, she has now climbed her first tree. And her second, too. She also climbed into the mimosa, but I didn't get a picture of that because I was too busy grabbing her while I could! I have the distinct impression that she'd be off "into the wild" in a flash if I didn't keep a close eye on her.


And this little guy sits on the kitchen windowsill. As you can see, he has no worries about anything!
Hope you don't either!!!
Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You can have the best daughter in law and you probably have by the bubbly look she gives, I love your energy in making quilts.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- look at Chloe go! Hope she doesn't go up any bigger trees or you'll be good friends with the fire department LOL! Love your quilt -- were you talking to me about having the best DIL LOL???

Susan said...

Love the quilt! And I think you were talking about me and my DIL, right?! LOL.