Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Nice Day, Chickens and Rooster and a Finish

It is such a nice day again today.  I am loving this warmer weather.  I'm ready to start getting things planted in the garden, but it's a little too early for that.


And this handsome guy we have named Horatio the Hornblower, and he is a rooster.  And noisy, hence the name.  I would really like to keep him, but we'll have to see how much noise he makes long term.


I finished this sweet little baby this morning early.  That is Ariel's tail you see in the lower left, if you were wondering. :)


I like this one a lot.  My neighbor asked me to sew her sister's name into the quilt, and so I did.  She said that people at the care facility where her sister lives have a tendency to walk away with things they like.  This way she'll be sure to get it back.  It's not that they are bad people, or thieves really, just that their minds are a bit cloudy and childlike.  They like it so they reach out and take it.


I just quilted some wavy lines on this one.  I wanted it to stay fluffier, and it did.  The really good news is that I quilted it on the frame and this time I had absolutely NO problems with the machine.  Glory to God!  I am so thankful.  I was getting just the slightest little bit worried that I would never get it figured out.


I've put some Spring-looking fabric strips up on my little design wall.  They just look so where I want to be right now.



And one of the many reasons I'm keeping Mr. Muddling.  He brought these home to me today.  Happy.  Happy!  Thank you, my Love!

I hope there has been something extra special good in your day today!

Hugs and kisses,
                                           

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That rooster is might handsome. I can't imagine he makes any more noise that the 'hen party'.

Glad you had no problems on quilting that one. Now you will sail through the rest with confidence.

Anonymous said...

Quilting frame conquered, great job, and that chocolate is the best.

Susan said...

Horatio has a great life with all those hens, he's just finding his voice. One of the horse ranches by me has a rooster who is up at first light sometimes before. The quilt is beautiful. And I love the colors you have up on the wall.

Thimbleanna said...

Great job on the quilt Elaine -- I'm sure your neighbor and her sister will be thrilled! And can you just throw a rooster in the middle of all those hens without any problems? I hope the ladies don't fight over him!

Millie said...

Elaine, it is so nice to see the chickens. I bet they are very happy in the not so cold Houston weather. Pretty quilts too.

Oiyi said...

Wow! I really love that heart quilt. It's so pretty.

onix said...

me gusta mucho el quilt

Nanette Merrill said...

Your chickens look so healthy. I love a healthy looking chicken. We've been getting so many eggs lately I don't know what to do with them all. Tonight I'm going home from work and boiling a bunch and making egg salad for everyone's lunch tomorrow. You know I hate shelling them. I have tried every trick in the book but it is still hard to get the shells off. I wonder if it is just because they are brown and easter colored. I wonder if white eggs deshell easier. I don't know but I just do the best I can. Love the chicken pics.