Saturday, February 12, 2011

Way Too Much of This Going on Around Here

I don't mean to whine, really I don't. 


I know so many of you have weather that is so much colder and more unpleasant.


And I can keep an eye on my chickens from in here where it's nice and warm.


And even laugh at a cardinal trying to figure out why in the world there is a blanket covering the plants in that old wheelbarrow.


Bruno is right here with me staying toasty warm under his blanket.

So, I'll try to behave and stop complaining. 

I have totally scrapped the little quilt I was making for my neighbor's sister.  I just was not happy with it.  My own carelessness, for sure, but too many intersections just did not intersect correctly.  I could not be happy giving such a shoddy piece of my work.  So I started over.



I'm liking this one a whole lot better.  The fabric underneath it is the backing I had originally intended to use, and I still plan to use it. 

Then, I thought, why not add some hearts?  So I did.  I'll machine stitch them in and get started on the sashing.


But first.....do you see this little culprit I have shown up here?  I have it turned the wrong way.  I'm taking it out and turning it, then on to the hearts.  I DO like to see a project come together, don't you?


I'm still having to stay off my foot.  I'm really thankful that it is not broken, but the bruise is bad enough and deep enough to remind me to stay in and behave myself.  I was a teeny bit stir-crazy today, but Mr. Muddling took me for a nice ride in the car and I feel much better.  And...........it's supposed to warm up here next week!!!  Yay!

Now, back to my ripping out and turning of the block.

Hope you've had only good things going on where you are.

Hugs and kisses.

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The ice has to be worse than snow. We're warming up next week too. It actually got above freezing today and started melting a little. I would hope you get a lot warmer soon too.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- if you have ice, we're all in deep trouble! We actually warmed up a bit today -- unfortunately, 'cause we returned from errands to find the roof leaking in the garage. The snow on the roof is melting and I'm guessing there's an ice dam up there. Sadly, our poor roofers will be getting a call tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous fabric, lovely setting, great choice. And, as for the weather, crazy all around the world.

Annie said...

You wouldn't believe it but I'm wishing it would get cold here for a bit, so I can be banished to my sewing room. I have not been able to help myself and have been out in my garden for weeks. Till dark most days and I am just getting so tired. Back to school tomorrow, but looking forward to my day off on Wednesday.

Karmen said...

I like it! The hearts make is so cute.

Susan said...

Oh, that ice doesn't look good, I sure hope that is gone now. Are you warming up to normal? We are somewhat. I LOVE the scrappiness of your quilt--it is beautiful with the hearts.

Nanette Merrill said...

I keep chanting "spring spring spring". This quilt is so cute with the hearts. Perfect idea.