Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm Back!

 My Honey and I took a little trip to La Grange, Texas this weekend to visit the Texas Quilt Museum.  We had a lot of rain the day we left and some more after we got there, but today was beautiful and we enjoyed the rest of the trip.

There was no picture-taking allowed inside the museum (bummer!), but there is some wall art on the side of the museum depicting quilts, so I guess we'll just have to be content with that.  Inside there are some beautiful quilts, as you can imagine, but since I couldn't take pictures, you'll just have to take my word for it.  Or you could go and see for yourself.  There is also a garden area on the side, with some pretty nice seating.  The signs say that they have planted a traditional flower garden, such as grandmother might have had, and that we can expect to see flowers there next year.

La Grange is a small town with lots of old buildings, as you can see.  They seem to take pride in keeping a lot of those building looking good.  That makes me happy.


One thing that made Mr. Muddling and me both laugh was the trees in La Grange and also in Columbus, which is a little over twenty miles away.  Apparently when they widened some of the streets they just left the trees there and paved around them.  It was really kind of strange to see a tree in the middle of the road and I wondered.  Well, I wondered lots of things, including, "What on earth were they thinking?"

I have some more really neat things to show you that have nothing to do with the Quilt Museum.  It was a sort of surprise Mr. Muddling and I stumbled into. But tonight....I'm going to bed.

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

BJ said...

Would love to go through the museum. I don't know of any quilt museum around here. Had to laugh at the tree in the road!

Thimbleanna said...

How funny about the trees! It would be one thing if they were in the MIDDLE of the road, but they're in the middle of the Lane! You'd definitely want to be paying attention when you're driving there!

Susan said...

That's hilarious about those trees! Nice that you and Mr. Muddling got to go on a road trip, I think they are the best kind of trips.