Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Much Better

The tumbler is completely sewn together and pressed.  Now I need to decided what I will use for sashing.  Don't you love it when the inside looks pretty, too?

 
I've been thinking more about the little baby girl quilt, and I'm leaning toward a solid pink as a background for the pretty stitchery.  I think it still needs a narrow border of some kind in there, too.  

And this?  I don't know.  I was going to put these fabrics away after getting them washed and pressed and they just ended up sewn together.  Does that ever happen to you?  Seriously, I had no plan to start ANOTHER one.  But, we do have a great-nephew who needs a quilt, and monkeys just seem to say "little boy", don't they?

I usually release the chickens from their pen late in the afternoon to roam and enjoy a little freedom.  Frequently I forget to put them back in before it gets dark.  Then I have to go out with a flashlight to find Hetty.
The other chickens go to roost instinctively, but since Hetty is blind, she doesn't seem to know that it's bedtime.   I wouldn't like for her to stay outside all night long.  
Tonight I went out and found her and put her safely in the chicken house with the rest of the chickens.  I put her in a nest box, cozy and safe, listening to the contented murmurings of her sister chickens.  I came back into the house to clean their water dispenser and fill it with fresh water, then went back out and hung it in its place.  I had a thought that perhaps I'd better be sure Hetty was still in the nest box.  She wasn't.  Again with the flashlight and I found her on the other side of the yard.  That's what I get for leaving the gate open.  She's an adventurous little girl and knows absolutely no fear.  Bless her heart.  Ah, the joys of chicken herding!


Bruno thinks chickens are vastly overrated.

Miss Ru and I got our funny bones tickled so much earlier tonight reading Multicolored Pieces' post.  Her animals are about as, shall we say, interesting as the ones living here at Muddle Manor.  Nadia is a West Coast United States girl living in Tunisia.  Her life is an interesting one and her art is amazing!



Our Chloe is continually on guard against interloping felines in HER back yard.  She saw one on Sunday afternoon and I thought she would go right through that window.  Territorial, that's Chloe.

I hope you're finding plenty that makes you laugh.  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, the Bible says, and I've found it to be true.

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a good and funny story about hettys the chook. Mine have their own little day yard and I often forget to shut the gate - they seem to take themselves off to bed

*karendianne. said...

I do love it when the back of my quilt looks nice and clean as opposed to the ones that show all the fits and fiddles that occurred although I reckon there's a lesson in that somewhere.

Lordy bee that Hetty is so funny. She's so fortunate to have you caring for her else who knows what mischief she's get into and Bruno - can you give him a kiss for me.

Chloe is really a good cat! Being a real cat for sure.

Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny Elaine - I don't think my fabric has ever turned into something on it's way to the fabric shelf. I kind of wish it would though!

BJ said...

Love your animal humour! Thanks!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such cute crtters! Love them all and the quilts are lovely!

Susan said...

I love the adventures of Muddling Manor and Miss Hetty is so precious. ALL your quilts, you are just amazing, I love your tumblers with those sweet hearts.