Friday, May 10, 2013

Another Top Quilted

This picture was taken at 2:40 this morning.  Yes, I did it again.  I finished quilting this one at 4:30 a.m.  The good thing is, I can sleep in to make up for staying up all night!
 
 
 
 
I cut this quilt out at least three years ago and had sewn some of the blocks together.  I saw it on a blog, sorry no clue which one.  It is extremely simple as long as you keep your "peaks" going in the same direction.  The fact that I did not always do that means I have another one of these started.   There are some fun fabrics in this one that I think a boy might enjoy.  This one will be going to the Boys' Home, too.  That makes FOUR finished!  Yay!
 
 
  
In other news, I was awakened this morning by pounding on our roof.  When I got up to see what was happening, this is the sight that greeted me outside the front door.  Hail!  Lots of it and pounding down like crazy.   
 
 
 
There was a good bit of breakage of tender vegetation in the back yard, but nothing that won't grow back.  Except the plums which now litter the ground!  I am really thankful  It could have been so much worse.
 
Really weird!
 
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  We have more rain forecast, but we do still need it.  Hopefully it won't be too much.
 
Hugs and kisses,


7 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Wow, You did a great job on this one.. I don't think I could keep my eyes open that late..I saw on the weather where those storms were coming through pretty bad.. Hail will do a number on things.. Sorry you lost your plums but glad ya'll are safe.. Happy Mother's Day..

Melanie said...

Serious storm.... I'm glad your family was safe.... Awesome Quilt project.

BJ said...

Happy Friday Elaine! And Happy Mother's Day! It must feel great to be getting all that sewing done! Good for you.

Sheila said...

What a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing pictures of all the hail. Wow!

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, Elaine! More power to you, quilting that late/early!! I couldn't do it, for sure! Whoop whoop!!

Wonky Girl said...

Wow, that was some bad hail. Sorry about the plums. None of our fruit set this spring except the pomegranate tree. I would cry if the fruits were beaten up.

You have been buzzing right along with your quilting. Do you pantograph or free-motion? I have a bunch of pantos for short arm frame quilting, you may have if you could use. They are a set by Golden Thimbles. Let me know ;-)

Nanette Merrill said...

Always love to see your yard. The hail is crazy. It is 92 here. Warm for May. I always love to see how you get quilts done. Inspires me.