Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Half Square Triangle Quilt Complete

I finished the half square triangle quilt over the weekend. I just kept forgetting to get Mr. Muddling to hold it up outside while I took pictures.  We almost waited too long today.

But, since the pictures aren't that great, I'll post more.  That ought to work, huh?

I really like this little lap size quilt.  It is all flannel, front and back.  I quilted it fairly densely, so it should hold up to living here in the land of Muddle.  Since Miss Lady has exercised her pretty white teeth on several of the quilts here, I'm replinishing our supply.

The backing is also flannel.  These two pieces are some I bought a while back and they are nice, heavy flannel.  The brown center stripe is also what I used for sashing on the front.  It came in a box of odds and ends I bought from a seller on ebay.


I played with the blue hst's last night.  Each of these blocks is assembled, but not sewn into a top yet, and that is the sashing I chose there on top.  I started pressing them last night, but only got about half way through.

Today was a doctor visit day for Miss Ru.  Not a bad one, but tiring nonetheless.  I sometimes think the worst part is the waiting.  We got bored and started taking pictures with our phones.  This blog post is about all I've accomplished since getting back home. 
 
I hope you've had a day that was fun and productive!
 
Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think I may have to do a triangle flannel quilt too after seeing yours. I want to make 3 or 4 easy ones to use up some of my flannel stash. They seem to be the quilts everyone wants.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Elaine -- that was quick with your quilt -- it looks great! Naughty little Lady for chewing on your quilts!

Susie Swanson said...

I agree, you are a fast worker. I love this one. Take care and Happy quilting!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love that HST quilt ... love the fabrics and the setting ... perfect!

Karen said...

Love seeing the HSTs in a quilt. And it will be so snugly with the flannel. Great work!!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Oh, that flannel quilt looks so cozy!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I'm glad Miss Ru had a good doctor's appointment. I know how boring it is waiting.
I love your quilt. The design and fabric and colors are beautiful. I like your flannel quilt very much. It looks really nice and warm. Great work!