Monday, January 6, 2014

Working on My Red Strips Again

I have been working along on this one since Christmas.  I really wish it were already finished.  It's COLD here!

This one will live here on our bed. I do like red.  This has been a fun one.  I don't have a pattern for it.  I saw one on a blog, sorry I don't remember which one and just sort of figured it out for myself.  Muddling, you know.  There are seven columns sewn together so far.  I think I'm going to do four or maybe five more.   

I was outside bringing in or covering the things I don't want to freeze tonight when I noticed this seed pod.  Isn't it pretty?  I had noticed it months ago on the Confederate jasmine vine.  It was green then and quite hard. I hadn't noticed it at all since then until today.  That is my computer mouse above it to give you an idea of scale.  The "hairy" part is incredibly soft and silky.  I love seeing the variety in God's creation.  


Bruno tried so hard to stay awake and help me with this post, but he went to sleep!

I do hope you here in the Northern Hemisphere are staying warm and dry, and that you in the Southern Hemisphere are staying cool.  Isn't that funny?  And how amazing that we can be reading about each other's lives and interests and getting to know each other a little bit!  I am thankful for each one of you!

Hugs and kisses,

11 comments:

Karen said...

I have always liked the quilts you make but I think I have to say that this one is going to become my favourite. I really like all the shades of red together with all the different neutrals.
It will look lovely in your home.
Great design and smart you for coming up with the pattern

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! I can't wait to see it done. I figure out things on my own too, never was much for patterns. Figuring things out is part of the fun for me :). Bruno sure looks comfy! Have a wonderful day.

Lindsey said...

Hi Elaine- Your red and white quilt is coming together rather nicely! I love the color combo and the scrappiness of it!

I am giving away a fat quarter bundle on my blog today! I would love for you to come over and enter! Happy New Year!

Inspiring Creations Giveaway

Ruth said...

That looks really lovely, will be gorgeous on a bed! My dogs are pretending to sleep to avoid going out in the windy weather but one eye each automatically opens when I head towards the kitchen!

Gayle Bong said...

Well, you are pretty good at muddling. I always called it "faking it". I've seen a quilt like yours in-progress on another's blog and yours looks better.

Gayle Bong said...

When I looked at it again close up,my first thought was that this is the pattern I should do for my shower curtain. Thought you had to know.

Susie Swanson said...

That is a beautiful pattern. I've never seen one like it. You stay warm and take care. Hugs, xo

Wonky Girl said...

Another beauty, love the reds.
We are still warm 60's here but freezing at night.

Thimbleanna said...

Now Elaine, do we have to go over the definition of cold again LOL?

Another beautiful quilt -- and RED -- it's perfect!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that red and white quilt ... I can't wait to see it all finished. I need to do a red and white quilt ... I always intend to but then seem to end up going with blue and white instead. And right now I'm in love with reproductions, so I'll just have to settle for the red and cream Texas Star quilt that I'm saving for road trips.

Karen Smith said...

Love the quilt, it looks like there's a lot of pink in it too. I adore pink mixed with red. I think it's feminine without being girly. I can't wait to see the finish.