Thursday, April 12, 2018

Cool Aqua Cream Dreams


I finished this half hexagon quilt for a friend of ours on Monday. I'm just a little slow getting it posted.

The backing is this Martha Negley print. I got a LOT of it a long time ago and I am so glad, because it is nice! Isn't it always so good to have the perfect fabric for the backing?

Here it is in all its crinkly wonderfulness after a run through the washer and dryer. It is extremely comfy and huggable!


If you look closely you may notice something in the lower right corner.

Yep, it's Buddy. He worked so hard helping me that he just passed out. I am so thankful for him. He makes me laugh each and every day and that is a very good thing!

I wish I could share the fragrance of the jasmine with you, but you'll just have to make do with pictures. Everything is happy and doing its best out in the yard to put on a show. I do love the parade of Spring flowers. We've spent a lot of years here planting things and this is our reward. I am trying my best to enjoy it now. All too soon it will be so hot out there that outside time will have to be limited. But for now, it's playtime!

I do hope you are finding plenty to make you happy and to make you laugh. Even with its trials and tribulations, this is still a good life our good God has given us to enjoy!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

YOU make me laugh! So, Buddy just passed out, did he? You're too funny. You're also killing me with this quilt production level you have going on -- you're amazing. Another Beautiful Quilt!!!

Karen S said...

This one is looking lovely. I like the way the aqua and cream alternate. It makes for a very effective design. I have been wanting to make a quilt with the half hexies and now you have inspired me.

Susie Swanson said...

Awe, so beautiful. I wish I had your gift my sweet friend. I'm laughing about buddy. LOL Hope you have a nice week. Blessings and Love.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! I sure love the color and pattern of this quilt. Your friend sure was blessed to get this beautiful quilt. Your flowers are very pretty, too.