Friday, April 27, 2018

This One Is Taking a Long Time

I am making a quilt for Mr. Muddling's chair. With a house full of dogs, we have quilts everywhere!  Mr. M needs a new quilt. The one on his chair has been there for years and with frequent washing and drying, not to mention Miss Lady hopping up on there with him all the time, it's tired. 
(Yes, I know she looks oh, so innocent.)

Anyway I decided to make a version of Bonnie Hunter's Narragansett Blues from her book More Adventures with Leaders and Enders. Since I'm making mine predominately red (surprise, huh?) I'm calling my version Hot Houston Reds!

The main center part is done now and I'm working on the pieced borders.

Mr. Muddling has been creating a border around this flower bed made of some bricks our son gave us.
Looks really good!

Lots pretty out in the back yard, and on the right in the center are two pictures of our office window - one looking out and the other from the outside. I do so love all the beautiful flowers and look at those tomatoes!

Another gratuitous pet/quilt shot. Ariel taking it easy, with Dinah trying to find something in that mirror. These were Miss Ru's two babies who are obviously managing to survive quite well, thank you very much!

Life is good here at Muddle Manor and we are thankful. I do hope there are lots of things to enjoy and even to laugh about where you are!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful quilt and I'm sure Mr. M. and Miss Lady will enjoy it. I love to put quilts over my sofa and chairs as well. Your flowers and plants are so lovely. Spring has had a hard time getting here. All the dogwoods are finally in bloom and some have their potatoes and early stuff planted in the gardens but we still don't have anything. I'm even scared to plant Annuals for fear they'll freeze. hope you enjoy your weekend. Blessings and love.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you changed your comments to a pop up box because now your blog recognizes me and I can leave a comment.

Love that red quilt, and tomatoes already? Wow!

Karen S said...

You have taken on quite a challenge with the new quilt, but when it is broken into smaller parts it is not too daunting. Progress so far is looking great.
Love seeing your garden doing well. Beautiful time of the year.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Beautiful quilt! Looks like your garden is doing well with the green tomatoes. Glad all is going well with your vegetable garden.

Sally said...

Love your red quilt! I'm not a quilter but my grandmother was, and her mother. I have one that my great grandmother made in the l800's. :)