Friday, February 8, 2019

Lots of Good Things


This was Monday's page from my Mary Engelbreit daily calendar. I have to say, I am enjoying these pictures and sayings every day. This one really made me laugh.  But. I think a lot of the time, we are the ones who stop ourselves. Something to think about.
This is not a very good picture, but I wanted to share with you how strange our weather has been.  It is not usual for a hibiscus to be still alive outside in February. They are a tropical plant, and for one to still be blooming is really unusual. Add to that the narcissus blooming right under it!
                                                            The angel trumpet is still blooming
and in the front yard this little yellow rose is in full bloom. 
Seems to be a little difficult to see what season it is out there!
The most exciting thing to me is that I'm quilting!!! It's taking me much longer, but I am doing it and I'm happy and thankful!
I'm also thankful for a husband who after almost thirty-eight years still brings me flowers!
Life is good, even with its challenges. God is so good to me.

I hope you're having lots of things to rejoice about, too. You may have to look a little harder for them, but they are there!

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a bonus to have blooms in winter! I'm so happy you have your red quilt on the frame and in progress to a finish.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So good that your are back to quilting again........I hope you heal and improve daily! How wonderful to have yours roses blooming! It has been in the upper 60s and 70s here......and these past 2 days.....down in the low 30s. Always seems to bounce back and forth!

Thimbleanna said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers Elaine -- it's all ice and snow up here. Loving the look of that quilt on the frame -- can't wait to see it finished!