Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy 2020

First of all I want to document what I made or helped to make this year. Of these twenty projects, ten quilts went to the USO Lounge at the local airport! That makes me happy.
 
I promised both our children quilts for Christmas (you know - last week).I may have been over-ambitious.  The first one is almost done. The second has many miles to go yet!

Today I've been making candied orange peel. I've been buying it on Amazon, but the homemade is so much better, and the only ingredients are orange peel, water and sugar.
 
That candied orange peel along with dried cranberries goes into these Cranberry Orange Scones.
 
Along with a nice hot cuppa tea - life is good!
 
I hope your New Year has started off with only good things, and that you have lots to look forward to in the coming year.
 
With all its challenges, I'm thankful for this life God has given me!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 

 

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Happy New Year Elaine! What a great year of makes -- you put the rest of us to shame! Your scones look delicious -- what a great way to start the new year!!!

Karen S said...

It is good to look back at what has been achieved during the year. Well done.
Delicious food plans.
Good luck with the two new quilts!

Margaret Stickland said...

G,Day Elaine Your card arrived today Thankyou I have moved and will write and give you my new address. It is a challenge to see the wonderful things that you do with needle and thread innovative and attractive. You certainly make a lot of happy people.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Wishing you the best Elaine for 2020 and I cant wait to see what your talented hands create this year! Such a beautiful group photo of all your hard work and blessings to others! I applaud you! I was wondering if your children had a special quilt from you. They will cherish them forever! What a great idea to make the candied orange! I love cranberry and orange together!
Have a happy 2020!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Pretty group photo of your talented work and sweet gifts to others! hugs to you! Cant wait to see what you create during 2020! Your children will treasure their quilts forever!

Sheila said...

Happy New Year! Your quilts are so beautiful. I'm sure they are loved and appreciated by all lucky enough to have one.
Love your blog banner. Sweet chickens. Love your posts, dear. Yes. God is so good.
I've finally done a post on my chickens. Last year was so busy. Lost of sewing.