Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Happy Rainy Day

It is a gloomy, rainy, cold day outside, but in here it is warm and dry and pleasant!
I finished another quilt for the USO Lounge at our local airport. I bought this panel from Connecting Threads and looked at it for a long time. Finally I decided what to do.
 
The backing makes me happy - blue and red stars! Seems fitting.
 
And here it is cuddly and crinkly after washing and drying.
 
I also completed this table runner for a precious lady we love. I could not bear to cut up this pretty Valentine fabric, so just quilted it whole.
 
I've had to temporarily retire my little green Japanese machine until it decides to act right. Fortunately I had this one waiting for its turn to work.. Isn't it pretty! I love these old machines. They are such beautifully made creations.
 
This is a sweet little present I bought for myself. I bought it from maileg.com
 
I was so agreeably surprised at the quality and workmanship of this little mouse. And I love her matchbox bed, which is very sturdy.
Yes, I know I am far too old for toys. I do not care. I like things that make me happy, and things like this do!
 
I am working on a little Valentine's wall hanging now and hope to finish it soon. No pictures yet.
 
These pictures were taken on Monday when the sun was shining. As you can tell, we have had no major freeze yet this year. See the chickens there on the top? After this I let them into that garden they are gazing at so longingly. They pretty well demolished it, and that is okay. Bugs and worms had beat them to a lot of it and the chickens thoroughly enjoyed cleaning it all up for me!
On the top, second from left, is something I saw online. I cut holes I the bottoms of egg carton cups and put that on the top, which was solid. I put the root portion of a green onion in each egg cup and water in the bottom tray. As the article said, green onion sprouts are now growing! How neat is that!
 
I hope there are things in your world today that are making you happy! God is so good to us all, and I am thankful.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

4 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

I see the panel you have is really neat. www.quiltedtwins.com has a ton of panels patriotic and others. You might like to check them out.

Karen S said...

Great way to use the panel in a quilt. It has worked really well.
And that is a lovely table runner. Sometimes fabrics are too lovely to cut up!
I think your little mouse in a matchbox is a delight. It will make you smile whenever you see it.
Hope your machines sort out.
Interesting to see how your garden is growing and that is a good idea with the onions! Happy chickens, too.

Sheila said...

What a delightful post! Your quilt and table topper are beautiful. Such a cute mouse in a match box bed. You should have it. I like that website. A LOT.
So much fun seeing pictures of and hearing about your feathered girls playing in the garden. I enjoy watching my baby girls scratching in the leaves and dirt eating ants and bugs. So funny when when one finds a worm and runs around trying get away from the others that want her to share. Lol.

Thimbleanna said...

SO much to smile about here today Elaine! Another beautiful quilt -- and that table runner is adorable -- I wouldn't have been able to cut up that cute fabric either. I LOVE that you're buying the maileg toys for yourself! I've just started buying a few for the granddaughters -- they're so cute. And what a neat idea about the green onions -- I need to try that one!