Monday, January 20, 2020

It's A Maze

Isn't this a fun quilt?  I had so much fun making it. The simple rail fence blocks look like a maze to me, and the fabrics are so bright and cheerful.
 
I had this piece of flannel in the stash which is just perfect for the backing.
 
Mr. Muddling tried very hard to convince me that he should keep it, but I was strong.
It will be going to the USO Lounge in the next batch.
 
I saw this spray paint art on our friend Cass's post and told her I wanted to buy it. She refused payment, but sent it to me just in time for Christmas. Mr. Muddling hung it for me in the sewing room. Now I get to look at it every day!
 
AND.............I finally finished this king size quilt for our son and daughter in law. It is too big for even Mr. Muddling and son Larry to hold up in all its fullness!
But they were kind enough to send me this photo of it in its rightful place. The layout is a little different from the one I used for our queen size and I added an extra set of borders all around, which made it the perfect size.
 
Now I have to get another one made for baby girl, our daughter. But that will have to wait until I recuperate from this one!
 
Isn't it a blessing to finally accomplish a big goal? I am so thankful!
 
Hope you are accomplishing lots in your world.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 

 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That green flannel was so perfect for the backing on that quilt.

Wow that is a big quilt on that bed! I haven't made a king size one for many years and I'm not sure anyone could talk me into it now.

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful quilts, as always Elaine! I love the photo of Mr. Muddling with the quilt -- poor guy - you're going to have to make him another quilt LOL!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What beautiful quilts. I love the meandering fence quilt. So lovely and colorful.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

ha ha, I cant blame Mr. Muddling for wanting to keep your comfortable pretty quilt! Your other quilts are so beautiful! Also love the quilt on the chair that your husband is sitting on!

Karen S said...

Lovely work on your maze quilt. I do agree that is exactly what it looks like. Love the colours, too.
What fun to have a special piece of artwork hanging in your room. And the quilt on the wall next to it is great too. Why don't I remember that one?
Congratulations on a wonderful finish with that big quilt. It looks amazing spread on the bed. I agree that you need to recover for a while before jumping into another big project.
It is always lovely to see your quilts.

Sheila said...

Wow! Elaine! That quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!! No way could anyone talk me into making a quilt that big. But my goodness. It is beautiful!
Not sure green rail fence is going anywhere. Lol.