Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

I decided I wanted a little Valentine wall hanging and made this one to hang in our hallway. I like that little galvanized house, too. I found it online at Walmart. There is a jar candle in it and it's a very pretty little bit of warmth when it is lighted.
 
I do know that you are not supposed to touch the quilt art, but I do it all the time. Mr. Muddling has confessed to the same fault. It just cries out to be touched, there is so much texture to it!
 
I made this quilt as an experiment.
 
I used this pattern from Kim Diehl's book, Simple Whatnots. I liked the cuteness of it in the small size she made and wondered what it would look like if I made it bigger.
I did not like it at all when I first laid it out and began sewing it all together, but after it was done I liked it a lot!
 
Here is another shot of it outside. The colors are very saturated.
 
This is a closer look at the binding and the backing I used was this brown print from Mary Fons.
The quilt has been gifted to a friend of ours and he seemed to like it.
 
This is the design wall behind my sewing machine. I have plans to expand on all these thoughts hanging there. When?  Who knows?
Right now I have a red, white and blue quilt to get loaded and quilted. It will be going to the USO Lounge at our local airport. There always seem to be so many things I want to get done. But at least I am not bored!
 
I hope you have lots of pleasant and enjoyable plans for yourself today.  There are so many possibilities in this world of ours to explore!  God is good. All the time!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 

 

4 comments:

Karen S said...

Your valentine wall hanging is a delight. And I agree that the little house is lovely, too.
What a great idea to enlarge the quilt design from your book. I think it has worked really well and definitely would suit a gift for a man.
Looks like you have a few plans going on with blocks on your design wall.
Good luck.

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute little Valentine quilt! I'm thinking a quilter worth her salt would NEVER be bored -- there are SOOO many projects out there, just waiting to be made. I love your new embiggened (LOL) quilt -- isn't it funny that sometimes we don't like a quilt top, but somehow the quilting seems to bring it all to life and make it all ok! Happy Valentine's Day Elaine!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love that sweet little Valentine wall hanging.........and yes......it is hard not to touch quilt art. I am drawn to the texture and stitches and want to feel it! Such pretty colors in your quilt! Yes the world is a wonderful place to look around.....and God is so good!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love you Valentine's Day wall hanging. It is beautiful. You are such a talented person. I enjoy visiting your blog.

Happy St. Paddy Day!