Friday, January 29, 2021

Keeping Busy

Even though I do NOT need any more fabric, I bought a fat quarter pack of flannel "Woolies' from Maywood Fabrics. They are the softest and so much fun to sew. I made them into quarter square triangle cut with my new Studio die.


All crinkly from the washer and dryer. I do love the softness!

Some process shots, and you might see I've started a pink plus nine patch on that design wall.

I also cut some more of the clamshells  using a Go! die. I made a little quilt from some of these earlier, but Mary decided she needs to take that one home with her. I cut enough for my friend Sandy to make one, too. It's fun to share.

I haven't done a lot of watercolor lately, but I did paint this little girl. It started off with just painting a sheet with the yellow shades and letting them do what they wanted. Then I used the shapes that appeared as the basis of this. It was interesting to see what it became.

Plants here and there. I LOVE the flowers always, and I am so blessed to have them for so much of the year.

I do not know if they are actually keeping me sane, but imagine how crazy I might be without them! Ha!

I hope you are finding plenty to keep you busy. There is so much we can do nothing about, but it does seem to help to keep one's hands busy with something useful. I am thankful for many things to amuse and occupy me!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was so tempted to get a pack of those woolies too but I remembered how much flannel I have already. I had a half yard of one of them and they are really soft. Love all of your flowers!

Karen S said...

The woolies quilt does look warm and snuggly. Doesn't it look great after the washing and drying. Perfect for the cold.
Looks like cutting out clam shells has kept you busy, too.
And lovely to see you continuing your interest in the water colours.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you've been having fun Elaine. I love your krinkly flannel quilt -- nothing like a quilt fresh out of the dryer! And indeed -- aren't we lucky to have so many things to occupy our time when we're home? Happy February Quilting Elaine!