Sunday, May 2, 2021

Things That Make Me Smile

All of the growing,, blooming, flowering pretty things out in our yard make me smile on a daily basis. I love them!

Mr. Muddling's dog, Lady, makes me smile all the time. Last week we gave each of our three dogs a new bone. As you can see, Lady collected all three of them and lined them up on HER bed! She honestly believes every bone that comes into this house belongs to her.

My sister, Sue, gave me chicken themed "sloggers" for Christmas! Can you say perfect!

Those very rare occasions I take a perfect picture. 

I smile at myself most of all. Here you can see I've used fabric selvedges between the fence around the garden and the wire that runs around the top. Two fold purpose. Eventually something will be growing up them, but also to keep my ravenous chickens out of that garden!

Another really big smile came the other day from our sweet neighbors. I had told my friend and fellow quilter Sandy that I really would like one of her husband's paintings.  Shameless begging brought me this beautiful oil painting. I do so love it!

A finished quilt folded in a gift bag and ready to go makes me smile, too!

Sandy says this one makes her think of a field of flowers. That's not a bad name, is it?

This is its backing.

And you know this is my favorite, fresh out of the washer and dryer and all comfy, crinkly and wonderful! It is on its way to the lady for whom it was made. She has had some serious health issues. I hope this will provide some comfort for her. I always like to think of these quilts as being a hug, from me, but also from God!

I hope you are finding lots to smile about in your corner of the world, and that you are also spreading some of those smiles around!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

3 comments:

KatieQ said...

Thank you for sharing your idea of using selvedges in the garden. I've been saving selvedges and tiny strings (anything 3/4 inch or less0) wondering what to do with them. The colors in your quilt are wonderful. They're guaranteed to put a smile on the recipient's face.

Karen S said...

You have been busy on many fronts. The garden is looking good and great to see how you used the selvedges.
Love the way dogs think. They are such good entertainment and comfort.
Well done with another lovely quilt. It does look warm and snuggly.
And your shoes look great.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You have so many blessings. Loved your posting. The quilt is lovely.