Sunday, May 30, 2021

Orange


I finished another little quilt last night. Orange seemed like the way to go, so orange it was.

I still have LOTS of the little 1 1/2 inch strips sewn into pairs making a 2 1/2 inch square. I used these sewn into sixteen patches alternating with 8 1/2 inch squares of orange batik all set on point and with a four inch border of the same all around, bound with yet more of the orange.

Yes, I put orange on the back, too!

Meanwhile out in the back yard at Muddle Manor, it is still a muddy mess. We have had rain every day. Hopefully it is finished. For the most part, the flowers love it. I still have lots of them in pots, which is probably a good thing!

Buddy does not seem to be terribly impressed.

But the cheering section near my sewing machine say it's great!

I hope you have a cheering section in your world. Mr. Muddling is my greatest encourager. I am so thankful we live a life in one accord. It makes life so much more pleasant!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

7 comments:

Karen S said...

What a great way to be using all those tiny strips. And the orange definitely adds a bright and cheery look to this lovely quilt.
Yes, the garden loves the rain even when we don't. Looks like it is thriving.

Thimbleanna said...

Another fun finish Elaine! And actually, I'm thinking Buddy IS impressed -- and eyeing it for his own!!! ;-D

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your orange quilt and the stuffed toys are awesome! You are such a talented person and it's always a joy to view your latest lovely quilts.

Connie said...

I have always liked orange - looks great!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet your words of this post are! Yes, everyone needs a cheering section to keep us encouraged and to feel that we are loved. So good that you have your husband as part of that for you.......along with your soft stuffed buddies by your sewing machine. The little quilt is just precious! I love the colors you chose!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Ha ha, you caught Buddy's expression so well.......that is so cute. I love your cheering section......you are right everyone needs that! Always love the sweet and lovely quilts you make!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I hope all is going well with you and you are having a great summer. Just wanted to stop by and say, "HEllo, and hope you and your family are well."