Saturday, February 5, 2022

A Quilt for Ryker

We have a sweet little friend we've known most of her life. She is our friend Sandy's granddaughter. She recently had a baby boy. They named him Ryker. Of course he needs a quilt from me! 
I decided to make a smaller version of Bonnie Hunter's Bitcoin pattern . It seemed to me that a busy little boy would have fun looking at all the different fabrics in this one. And bright colors are supposed to be good for stimulating little ones' minds!

The backing coincidentally was given to me a while back by Sandy. It was given to her by her sister Peggy. I love all the little coincidences that have gone into this one!

This is how the back of the quilt top looked as I ironed it before quilting! Lots and lots of little pieces!

Next up is another little quilt, this time for our grandniece's daughter due this month. I'd better get cracking!

We've had a few very cold (for us) days here in the Land of Muddle, but I am so thankful for a warm comfortable home with the wonderful Mr. Muddling and all our fur babies.  I'm also thankful for the bits of green and bright colors we get to have here inside and for the beautiful blue skies and sunshine outside today!

I hope all is well in your corner of the world and that you are finding lots for which to be thankful. God is so good to us all!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine



3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Lots of babies needing quilts....good thing they have you. You have a lot of blooms inside. I hope your cold spell didn't kill anything.

Karen S said...

You have been busy with quilts for gifts. The idea of the bitcoin quilt with lots of fabric variations is a great idea for a little. Sort of like an I-spy quilt.
And the pink/purple HST quilt is lovely for a little one, too. Another great combination.
Definitely plenty to keep us busy here. Warm weather and a garden that grows quickly keep us on our toes!!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a beautiful quilt for the baby. Yes, God is good.