Thursday, February 17, 2022

Another Purple and Pink for our Niece

Our niece is expecting a baby girl this month, so of course she has to have a quilt. I made a purple and pink quilt for their first daughter. You can see it here. She wanted a purple and pink quilt for this little girl, too, so this is the outcome.

This is the backing.

I do love that crinkly, cuddly look and feel after a run through the washer and dryer. It is on its way to her now!

While I had the quilt machine loaded, I quilted some little things I had made.

Two little mug rugs.

An orphan block, now quilted makes a good tray mat.

And this one I had a lot of fun building. It is 20 inches square.  The nine patches are 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch strips sewn by two's to make 2 1/2 inch squares. The four patches are 2 1/2 inch squares bordered with 1 1/2 inch strips. Don't ask what the quilting pattern is - I was just playing !

Lots of pretty things have been salvaged from the cold and brought inside or onto the patio. Ruthie's Dinah (lower right) of course feels it is her duty to superintend everything.  Mr. Muddling's hand is "stirring" the dominoes for a game of Mexican Train. What a fun game!

I've been cutting half square triangles with my Studio Cutter from flannel I purchased earlier this winter and getting them put on the design wall. I've already changed them around a number of times since this photo, and I'm sure they'll move around a lot more before I'm finished. it is fun to play!

I hope you are finding some fun in your part of the world and helping someone else to do the same!

God is so good to us all! And I am so thankful.

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Your pink and purple quilt has turned out great. I like the way it is set off centre.
And how smart to load the machine with all those little things at once. great way to do a whole lot at once.
I am pleased you saved all those sensitive plants from the cold. Too pretty to waste.
And the flannels are looking interesting up on the wall.