Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Another Half Square Triangle Quilt

I bought some Kim Diehl flannel fabric a while back, and I decided it was time to use it.

Once again I used the offset pattern

and worked away at it until I got it where I wanted it.

After washing and drying, it is SO soft and cuddly. 

Here are some "in progress" shots to give you an idea how the quilt grew. Yes, I know I should have posted them as I worked, but frankly - I'm doing good to get them up now!
It was a fun quilt to make and I know we will enjoy using it. We are still having some cooler weather, so it will definitely be used this year!

I am so thankful for flowers and plants inside and outside that bloom and keep our spirits happy!  A couple of the Christmas cactus even decided to re-bloom! 
The gardens are beginning to show signs of waking up and starting their new Spring growth and I am oh, so ready for that. I'll try to get the roses pruned tomorrow. We have to get busy and get as much done as quickly as possible before the heat of Summer gets here.
Life IS a challenge, but it sure is fun!

Hope you're having fun and finding things around you that give you joy!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine



8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a pretty group of flannels and a pretty quilt.
I'm still waiting for reblooms of my Christmas cacti like they usually do in March. I had a lot less blooms this year than usual.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your beautiful quilt. I hope your plants and flowers do well. Spring hopefully is coming soon.

CJ said...

You've made a beautiful job of the quilt, it's absolutely lovely and the colours are fantastic.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Another lovely masterpiece Elaine! Such and interesting design! Your flowers and plants look so happy. The little plumeria stalk has grown another 6 inches. We have had such pretty days that I have been placing it, along with other plants on the porch for some happy sun. Wishing you lovely spring time days!

Karen S said...

You just can't g wrong with HSTs. They have so many uses. Love the idea of using flannels. Great colour combo. This will be a delightful quilt to snuggle under.

Connie said...

Hi Elaine. I 💕 your gorgeous quilt! I am horribly behind in blog reading. Trying to play som catch up. xoconnie

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

You've done a beautiful job with the quilt. Your flowers are very lovely.

Thimbleanna said...

Well, I'm late as usual, but what a great new quilt! I have a box of flannels that I also need to use -- thank you for the inspiration -- as always!!! XO