Sunday, March 27, 2022

Is It Spring Yet?


I've been trying to convince myself that Spring has arrived. And there are lots of areas that agree with that thought. I'm ready for flowers and fresh veggies growing in the gardens.
I've been playing again. I took some of the height off a birdcage I bought when I thought I would get a canary. (I thought about the mess I would have to clean up and changed my mind.) Anyway I decided it would make a fun Easter display. It does!
Mr. Muddling and I wandered around a favorite antique mall last week and found that sweet pair of white rabbits that are now residing in the candle holder, bottom left. I added a ceramic tree that had belonged to my grandmother and they look all cozy and comfortable. I am incredibly silly sometimes, but I have fun!

I have been working on another quilt. Of course. It's on the quilt frame and I might finish quilting it tonight. Or not. We'll see. Those pieces on the upper left are 1 1/2 inch strips. the ones on the upper right are 1 1/2" X 2 1/2" before I sew them into the quilt. The Accuquilt dies and Studio 2 are really lifesavers for cutting and trimming.

This is a little table runner I made recently. I quilted it on my Singer 301. Now it lives on top of  a bookcase in our den.


Here it is in place, with some happy things on top. The watercolor is a download I purchased on etsy from a Ukranian artist. Obviously they cannot ship things right now, but downloads are possible.

The world is so crazy these days. I am glad this world is not my home!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine





1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Spring is a lot closer to your house than mine. We had below 32 temperatures for 2 nights now.