Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Happy Days

What a lot of pretty things going on here - inside and outside. I am loving the flowers! They seem to have been extra pretty this year. Or maybe I'm just glad to see them. Anyway, I have surely enjoyed looking at them 
As you can see there is a bunny who has moved from place to place to get in the picture. He was a happy find while we were out shopping one day.

I finished this little green quilt. It was one of those "just because I could" quilts.  I've been making those scrappy blocks for a while, just enjoying putting them together, and it seemed good to me to put some green blocks in between and make a quilt. So I did.


Now this one is something extra. I have a friend who allowed me to choose one of the antique quilt tops she had been given for myself. I chose this one. I've always liked those 1930's/1940's fabrics, and I really like this pattern, so it was quite a blessing to me. The green fabric in the sashings is not as strong as I'd like it to be, but perhaps with the backing and simple meander quilting it will survive and be happy for a while. It is living in the office right now.

I have more things to share, but I think this is enough for one post. I'll be back soon with more.

I hope you have lots in your world that is making you feel happy and blessed!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine



3 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How lovely the antique quilt is and I love the old prints as well! So sweet of your friend to let you choose. Your spring green quilt is so vibrant and beautiful.........you always amaze me with your talent. Your flowers are so pretty and how fitting is your bunny! Wishing you a happy Easter weeekend

Karen S said...

I am pleased your garden is looking pretty and making you happy. Looks like bunny did get into a few pictures!
Great way to use your blocks in the green quilt. Sometimes it is goo to make things just because we can.
And your antique quilt is very special. How lovely to have been gifted something so special.

Pam said...

Just popped over from Thimbleanna's page. Goodness me, what a lot of quilts you make! I'm full of admiration. I make quilts too, but not nearly so fast! Greetings from Scotland.