Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Hello Again!


I know. I've been absent again. I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up a little. I don't know what those birds are, maybe geese? I had never seen any here before. Lots of cucumbers! And flowers everywhere! I love it!

The cucumbers are transforming into pickles. I'm using my grandmother's sweet pickle recipe, but the dill ones I'm making up as I go along. You know - muddling!


I made this sweet little table topper for Mr. Muddling's chair side table. Isn't it pretty!

Mr. Muddling and I got the old disintegrating greenhouse disassembled and out of the way and put together our new one. It is almost the same. I have the top covered with several layers in an attempt to keep the sun from destroying this one, too. They are not the most long lasting, but the price is right!

I have already got all the pretty plants into the new greenhouse. It helps so much to have a place that is not so sunny for the baby plants to get a good start.

Ruthie's garden is looking good!

And of course I have a new project in the works! This one is from the June issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. Easy and fun. Two of my favorite words!

Hope you are having a good start to your week and that the rest of it will be wonderful! There is always so much for which to be thankful. And I am!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

6 comments:

Karen S said...

Looks to me like the garden has been keeping you busy. Lots to look at and enjoy outside.
I like the look of your new project. I will have to wait patiently to see the end result.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! How awesome to be making pickles. Your new quilt project is lovely and your plants look great. I hope you'll have a really good garden with lots of delicious vegetables to gather. Happy summer!

Thimbleanna said...

Well Hello! I'm frequently absent too, but we eventually catch up LOL. Looks like all is well there -- I hope summer isn't too hot for you, but I'm thinking it must be as we are way too hot here for this early in the summer. Your new quilt looks wonderful -- as does that cute little table topper!

LA Paylor said...

I love cucumbers and want a greenhouse. It gets too hot to grow vege here in Colorado. The season used to be short but now it's hot hot hot til Christmas, but actually TOO hot.
Love your quilt near the bottom... and your modern one on the previous post
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You are so right, there is so much to be thankful for! Such a pretty quilt pattern at the bottom and how I love the little topper you made for your side table! So pretty! Maybe the birds are migrating? Your pickles look wonderful! There is nothing better than homemade goodness like those! Your plants and flowers look so fresh and pretty! I have had a greenhouse for years......it has those plastic panels and yes, they crumble and break with the hot sun. The top has suffered terribly. However, I do as you and layer it in plastic in the winter.......it protects my plants so well through the freezing season. Here's wishing you happy summer days!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love your table topper and the pickles look delicious. Your flowers are very pretty, too.