Saturday, July 30, 2022

Kim Diehl and Sandy Gervais

A while back I reserved a pack of Kim Diehl's new line of fabric, Chocolate Covered Cherries. Got to love a name like that, don't you. I got an email it was ready to ship, and it arrived this week!

I was looking through this book for a project to use that beautiful fabric.

I was intrigued by this pattern by Sandy Gervais, "Spring Mosaic". 

Here are the first few blocks made with that new fabric. I think it's going to work quite well! I'm thinking about adding sashing, though it's not in the pattern.
 

I cut most all of the pieces with my Studio die cutter. I love how much easier it makes it for me to make quilts!
 
We've still had no appreciable rain, nor has a "nor'easter" whipped through here, so it's hot. But air conditioning is a wonderful thing! And so is having something to do that does not require going outside. God is good!
 
I hope all is well in your corner of the world and that you are having some fun!  I am thankful for our blog world where we can share our interests, frustrations and happiness!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

 

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Hot here too and although I have a heat pump, most Washingtonians don't, including my 90 year old mom and my two daughters. Ugh. That is indeed beautiful fabric and quilting seems like a perfect indoor activity!

Karen S said...

I have to agree about that fabric name. It just sounds delicious!
That block is really interesting. I cans see why it caught your eye. Love the blocks you have already made.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The fabric and the pattern both are so pretty! I love your header! We have not had much rain since I last posted and the high heat has been a burden to the flower garden. But I agree with you........God is good.....in so many ways!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, my! What beautiful fabric. I love the colors and patterns.