Monday, July 25, 2022

Two Baby Quilts

We have two friends who are about to become grandparents. 
I saw a fabric called Bramble Patch by Hannah Dale in one of the quilting magazines that arrive here regularly. I just fell in love with it and had to have some. I found it at Fat Quarter Shop online and bought enough to make me happy. 
This first little quilt is made of four patches and framed five inch charms.

This one is a framed panel from that line. I love the little forest animals. They are so sweet!

I quilted both at the same time using the same solid gray for backing and binding.

You can't tell a lot about the quilts here, but they are fresh from the washer and dryer and so wonderfully cuddly! I hope each baby and his parents will love them as much as I do!

This is the plaque we placed in Ruthie's garden to commemorate our friend Dawn. 
 

Ruthie would like it.

The tumblers I cut from batiks have now been assembled into a quilt top. The backing and batting are all ready. Now I just have to get it loaded and quilted!
 
Isn't it good to have plenty to do inside on these so hot days. I seem to forget how hot it gets here in the summer, but I have remembered now! The very best thing to do in Houston is hibernate in the summer and go out and about in the winter!
 
I hope you are finding ways and means to stay busy and happy where you are.
I'm thankful for so many things and for so many people. I'm thankful for you!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hot here too which isn't much fun in a state with minimal A/C. Love those quilts! I wish I had more indoor hobbies besides reading!

Karen S said...

Both baby quilts are lovely. I can see why you liked the fabric. Great idea to quilt them together.
We are having the opposite weather to you , of course. Quite a severe frost last night. Also glad to be inside.